Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Next Gen conference

I spent last week up at Katoomba as a strand group leader at the Next Gen conference - and what a week it was!!

Next Gen (formerly known as Katoomba Youth Leadership Conference) is a 5-day training conference for those involved (or wishing to be) with the leadership of youth or children's programs in their churches.

It is an intensive week, with talks both morning and evening, strand groups to teach how to write a Bible study or children's talk and afternoon workshops. There is little time to rest but lots of fun to be had.

I attended a couple of KYLC conferences in the early 90s (I know, that says a lot about my age!) but have had no further involvement until this year.

I have to say what a joy it was to be reminded of the value of this conference. It not only provides sound Biblical teaching both morning and evening (this year the talks were by Grant Retief and Carl Matthei), but also allows delegates to think through some of the practical aspects of leading their groups.

It was an enormous privilege to co-lead a strand group who were there for their second year and helping them understand biblical theology. Thanks to Ben for the opportunity to serve alongside you and learn from you; thanks to Jesse, Jessica, Sally, Trudy, Rachel, Matt, James, Billy, Drew, Helena, Jasmine and Marty for the privilege of getting to know you all. I pray that God will strengthen and sustain you in your ministries and that your knowledge and love of him will continue to grow.

No comments: