Next week, students and faculty of Moore College will be dispersing to various areas around the Sydney Diocese for a week of Mission. We will be working alongside local parishes, with the distinct intention of sharing the gospel with people and helping the parishes connect with their local communities.
I am part of a team that will be heading to St Andrew's Cathedral in the Sydney CBD. Some may recall that last year I was working alongside a small, independent, evangelical church in Albury - needless to say, I expect the two missions to be quite different!
However, the gospel remains the same and people's need to hear it does not change. Apart from time with regular members and visitors to the Cathedral, I will be involved with some kids' ministry and will be giving a talk to a group of women next Thursday morning.
Praise God for the opportunities that we have to proclaim him throughout mission weeks. Please pray that we will be faithful to the gospel, sensitive in conversation and deeds, gracious with each other as a team and that I, and others who are giving talks, will prepare well and bring glory to God as we deliver them.

No comments:
Post a Comment